Monday, October 28, 2013

Featured Artist: Tam Dillman


Every author knows the old adage, “Write about what you know.” I believe the same applies to visual art. I paint what I know and cherish: the Chicago flag, that simple yet symbol-rich emblem of the city I adore; flowers of all kinds, drawing inspiration from my garden and nature in general; and the family ties that lead to a rich and well-lived life.
I’m not sure what thrills me more about painting on windows: the transformation of something old into something beautiful, the re-purposing of an object that was destined for the landfill, the reverse painting inherent in painting on glass, or the thrill of the hunt as I scour neighborhood alleys in search of old windows, accompanied most times by my dog, Damen.

No comments:

Post a Comment