Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Featured artist Deborah Maris Lader


Kites
Mixed Media Painting on Board
30” x 20”
$750
Deborah Maris Lader   

Medium: Print / Drawings / Photography / Mixed Media

Exhibitions: Deborah’s work appears in many permanent collections including the Chicago History Museum, the New York Public Library and the City of Palo Alto. She is a current (and former Board) member of the Mid America Print Council, the Chicago Artists Coalition and the American Print Alliance and her work has been featured in numerous publications and worldwide in New York, Boston, Canada and France.

Artist Statement: In my mixed media photographic paintings, I try to make visual the space and calm I crave. My etchings, on the other hand, are overwhelmed by detail and minutia. I employ multiple mediums in order to express ideas that range from the themes of healing and the way dreams are sewn together, to ideas about the beauty of urban decay, the inevitability of change, and how we must appreciate the moment before it vanishes. In the same way life can be alternately dark and spare, or whimsical and funny, my images tend to honestly reflect a range of experience. My diagnosis might be some form of creative ADD. Somehow, all of these diverse expressions come out of the same brain. I don't really have an explanation for it. Welcome to my planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment