Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Featured Committee Member: Maggie Rife Ponce


Maggie Rife Ponce
Maggie Rife Ponce
Rife Ponce is based out of Chicago, working as a photojournalist, portrait photographer, and
instructor. She has a degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri. Her camera
has taken her to more than a dozen countries throughout Southeast Asia, Central America, and
Europe to capture the cultures and teach my trade. Her current work is a project based on
community in the Philippines.
“My interest in photography began as a kid while leafing through pages of National Geographic. Two things fascinated me: a world I had yet to discover & the magical way in which it was
captured. ”
CoFounder of The Connections Art Project
“I wish to bottle up and store the people, the light, and the moments around me.Photojournalism not only enables me to feed the part of my spirit that yearns to travel and discover, but it also
gives me the opportunity to document the intimate moments of everyday life that connect all humans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment